Home > Private Policy
Daiwa Can Company ("we", "our" or "us") acknowledges the importance of Personal Information and believes that we, as a company, are responsible for the appropriate treatment and protection of Personal Information. We will comply with all applicable laws and guidelines regarding the protection of Personal Information and make an effort to prevent Personal Information from leak, divulgation, etc.
Personal names, birthdays, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, geographical addresses, company names, etc.
2.Treatment of Personal Information and Regular Review
In order to protect Personal Information in an appropriate way, we will establish an internal system and methods to treat and store Personal Information, appoint supervisors who are responsible for the protection of Personal Information, make our directors and employees including but not limited to contingent workers, temporary staff and related persons treat and store Personal Information under the system and with the methods and conduct a regular review of the system and methods.
We will implement a regular education program for the treatment of Personal Information for the best safeguard of Personal Information.
4.Implementation of Information Security Policy
We have developed Information Security Policy for the prevention of information leak, falsification, etc. and are putting Information Security Policy into practice as a safeguard.
5.Collection of Personal Information
We will collect Personal Information in a legal and appropriate way and give you advance notice of the purpose and scope of use.
6.Use of Personal Information
We will never use collected Personal Information for any other purposes without prior consent. At this time, we assume that Personal Information will be used for:
- Sending brochures, pamphlets, etc on our products & services to consumers, customers and related persons,
- Sending requested samples or information materials to those who have taken part in an exhibition or academic conference,
- Contacting guests who are visiting our plant or taking part in our tasting event,
- Carrying out a questionnaire survey on our products and/or services,
- Replying to questions or complaints on our products, advertisement, etc.,
- Contacting or handling customers who are related to our business in the course of business or contract negotiation,
- Sending congratulatory or condolence letters to customers who are related to our business,
- Screening applicants for our employment exams and completing paperwork for persons who are joining us,
- Managing our shareholders in accordance with the Company Act in Japan and sending documents and complementary goods to our shareholders,
- Managing the labor control and employment of our employees and other procedures in the course of our business,
- Sending information and documents on us to our employees' families,
- Contacting our retired employees and sending information on us to them.
* If Personal Information is used for an unintended purpose, we will give you advance notice of the unintended purpose accordingly.
We might share Personal Information among our group companies in relation to our and their businesses. We will give you advance notice of the purpose and scope.
8.Personal Information Disclosure
- We might outsource a job that requires Personal Information to a contractor within the scope of the purpose. In that case, we will set rules on the treatment of Personal Information and monitor the contractor for the best safeguard of Personal Information.
- If we share Personal Information among our group companies, we will also monitor our group companies for the best safeguard of Personal Information.
- We will never disclose Personal Information to a third party other than a contractor without your consent. However, we might disclose Personal Information to official bodies such as a court and police by law without your consent.
9.How to contact us
Please contact our General Affairs Department if you would like us to disclose, modify, suspend or delete Personal Information.
General Affairs Department
Daiwa Can Company
Time: 9:00 to 17:00 (Except Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays)
We will respond to your request accordingly, provided that we can identify you. However, we are not obliged to respond to your request if it could:
- Cause damage to your life, body, asset, rights or benefit or to those of a third person,
- Cause quite a trouble to our proper operation of business or
- Violate a law.
We will comply with all applicable laws and guidelines regarding the protection of Personal Information in Japan.